Road Map to Environmental Action in Parkdale-High Park
Location: Swansea Town Hall, Rousseau Room, 95 Lavinia Avenue, Toronto, ON, M6S 3H9
Join your elected representatives and environmental community groups in Parkdale-High Park to co-create a climate action plan.
November 8th Update:
Due to the strong interest for this event, it has been decided to slightly increase the number of RSVP tickets. As such, we would like to advise the attendees of the following:
- The registration desk will open at 6:15
- Please note that seating will be first come-first served, which may mean that latecomers will get standing room only.
- If you are unable to attend, kindly cancel your reservation through Eventbrite
- We have to allow for a number of people who, for various reasons, show up without a reservation, so any reserved spots unclaimed by 6:55 will be released to those on the waitlist formed at the door.
- Please come early to avoid any disappointment.
- Given the high volume of people attending several events that evening, it is expected that the parking and traffic pressures in and around the Swansea Town Hall are going to be stretched. If at all possible, please car-pool, walk, TTC or plan to park farther away and walk. Also, please act responsibly and safely when dropping off or picking up at the building, especially not blocking fire lanes, road access and driveways.
We will also work on organizing another similar event in Parkdale / Roncesvalles area, sometime early next year, with a plan for a larger follow up meeting in April.
On October 2nd, Green 13, Green Parkdale & Roncesvalles, and Safe Rail Communities, three environmental groups in Toronto's West End, hosted one of the 100 debates on the environment, held across Canada. The event had a great turn out, with almost 400 constituents of all ages.
Candidates for a Federal Member of Parliament in Parkdale-High Park riding from the 4 major parties, with the exception of the Conservatives, were present. As a response to our final question at the debate, all of them (Arif Virani, Paul Taylor, Nick Capra and Greg Wycliffe) have committed to participate in this event, should they be elected.
Update: Congratulations to Arif Virani on his re-election as our Member of Parliament for Parkdale-High Park!
Bhutila Karpoche, our Member of Provincial Parliament, and Gord Perks, our Toronto City Councillor, are already on board!
Join your elected representatives from all 3 levels of government and various Parkdale-High Park environmental groups. We will work together to design a community action plan to address the climate crisis.
The event is free, but please do RSVP through this Eventbrite link https://php-green-road-map.eventbrite.ca, so we can prepare better. Donations at the door appreciated.